The mission of ASQ Portland Section 0607 is to serve the quality needs of our members, whether you live and work in Oregon, in neighboring Washington, or around the world. We encourage and welcome your suggestions regarding ways we can serve you better, to help to enrich your life and your career. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monthly meetings, plant tours, conferences and workshops can give you recertification (RU) credits.
ASQPDX Upcoming Events
|Tue, Apr 11, 2017, Dinner at 5:30, Webinar at 6 PM!|
Note New Time!
|ISO 9001:2015 Changes||Shauna Wilson and |
8185 SW Tualatin- Sherwood Rd
|Tue, May 9, 2017; Dinner at 5:30; Webinar at 6 PM!||Servant Leadership||Ed Landauer||Century Hotel
8185 SW Tualatin- Sherwood Rd
The ASQ Portland Section has elected the following officers, who will be continuing or transitioning into these leadership positions for 2017:
Section Chair – Beth Rice Secretary – Jean Fryer
Chair-elect – Terri Tufts Treasurer – Marie Tree
General Position Summary:
Responsible for determining fabricated/machined product acceptance using a moderate variety of inspection gages and specifications.
NOTE: Shift is: M-F; 7:00a to 3:30p. MUST be familiar with GD&T
- Perform incoming, in-process and final dimensional inspection using a variety of gages; micrometers, calipers, test indicators, height gages, based on the drawing of the product to be measured.
- Perform visual inspection against internal/customer cosmetic specifications.
- Document inspection results per customer requirements.
- Bag and label product per customer requirements.
- Perform daily checks of gages.
- Interface with Manufacturing and Engineering regarding product quality issues.
- Assist Engineering and Manufacturing in special projects, as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Skills:
- Proficient in reading and interpreting complex mechanical drawings
- Level II– Familiar with Geo Dimensional Tolerancing (GDT) ASME Y14.5
- Level III– Proficient in of Geo Dimensional Tolerancing (GDT) ASME Y14.5
- Proficient in reading and interpreting internal or customer specifications and standards
- Knowledge of inspection methods
- Proficient in use of inspection equipment: Micrometers, height gages, test/dial indicators, calipers, profilometers, gage blocks, pin gages, feeler gages, optical comparators, microscopes, go/no go gages
- Familiar with set-up and operation of coordinate measuring machines
- Proficient in basic mathematical applications; addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
- Proficient in the use of computers, Microsoft Office software platform and e-mail
Education & EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum 3 years or equivalent experience in an inspection or quality control environment.
Tosoh Quartz, Inc. offers a competitive wage and benefits package.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
The growth of SureID necessitates monitoring and management of supplier provided products to ensure
the best customer experience possible. This position will revolve around determining supplier quality risks
and developing plans and actions to mitigate those risks. This individual will also have the responsibility to
work with suppliers and in-house to disposition and manage non-conformance resolution in the most
effective manner possible. The best individual for this position will have a background in ISO 9001:2008
and mechanical inspection experience.
- Manage the quality of product from Suppliers through inspection and monitoring
- Work with Production to develop and manage inspection methods and plans
- Conduct inspections in-house and at the supplier as warranted
- Work with Suppliers to determine technical and quality risks and mitigation plans
- Coordinate with internal quality to develop and/or improve non-conformance documentation
- Work with existing systems to ensure appropriate data is collected for trend analysis
- Develop verification methods (FMEA) to ensure product capability and reliability
- U.S. citizenship
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally (as needed)
- Bachelors of Science degree in any engineering field
- 2-5 years manufacturing engineering and inspection experience
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 QMS and its application in manufacturing
- Physical and Mental Job Requirements:
- Ability to stand/walk for duration of shift
- Able to lift 50 lbs. and carry items weighing up to 20 lbs. over distances up to 75 ft.
Since 2001, we’ve been combining leading edge products and services to create one-of-a-kind identity
management solutions. We’ve been proudly serving the U.S. military with these solutions – ensuring that
facilities, assets, and personnel stay safe and secure. Going forward, our mission is to continue to be the
premier provider of identity management solutions to the military as well as become the premier provider
of these solutions to individuals and enterprises participating in the “reputation economy”.
How to Apply:
Please apply via the following link – https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/index.php?/job/apply&job=13828&clientkey=BF5F62595CF87C0C6A965846C1893B22&jpt=
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity. For background, see the government posters, “Equal Opportunity is the Law” and its
accompanying supplement. If you have a disability and need a reasonable accommodation during the hiring process, please contact us by phone at 503-924-5300
or via email at email@example.com.
For information on pay transparency nondiscrimination, see this poster from the federal government. For information on rights under the Family and Medical Leave
Act (FMLA) see this poster and for information on rights under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) see this poster.
SureID is a registered trademark of SureID, Inc.
RAPIDGate is a registered trademark of SureID, Inc.
ASQ recently launched its newest certification designed for supplier quality professionals who work with an organization’s supply chain and suppliers to continuously improve performance of key system components. The Certified Supplier Quality Professional (CSQP) exam, developed by member leaders and sponsored by the Customer-Supplier Division, will be first administered during the September/October computer-based testing exam window. Among other topics, the certification exam tests knowledge on supplier strategy; business governance, ethics, and compliance; relationship management; and supplier performance monitoring and improvement. We are now accepting applications for the first available exam window in September/October for the CSQP exam. The deadline is August 15. Go to ASQ.org to apply.
Beth Rice, ASQ Portland Section Chair, on behalf of the Leadership Team, received the Regional Director Gold Award for 2015, which was presented by Regional Director Ed Landauer at our January 2016 dinner meeting.
This award is given for excellence in providing member value and quality opportunities, as well as implementing innovations and meeting the Section’s Business Plan and ASQ’s requirements for Section reporting.
Congratulations to the Portland Section Leadership Committee for achieving this award for the third year in a row!
Presented by Shauna Wilson and Jean Fryer.