This position is based in Hood River, Oregon in the beautiful Pacific Northwest
The Configuration Management (CM) Analyst 3 is responsible for the planning, identifying, controlling, and tracking of a product’s configuration from its inception throughout the product lifecycle. He/she will also act as the communications bridge between Design Engineering and all other aspects of the business. He/she will assure that what crosses the bridge is properly documented, controlled as necessary, and available as and when needed. The CM Analyst 3 will be assigned responsibility for projects/products of any complexity.
•Responsible for all CM functions for a project, product, set of products, or a customer, as assigned depending on size and complexity.
•Control all design changes, assure proper conformance to standards, know the actual affectivity of every change, and produce such status accounting (traceability) reports as required.
•Assist in the development, improvement and implementation of CM standards and processes.
•Solid understanding of CM best practices and principles
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
· Highly organized, detailed oriented, and ability to implement strict adherence to change control processes
· Ability to work in a complex, fast paced environment and work an item to closure
· Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and change effectivity planning
· Work closely with manufacturing engineering, procurement, and engineering specialists to create, review, and publish master data lists for the supply chain.
· Exposure to part attributes, phantom parts, and various manufacturing bill of material structuring philosophies
· Strong understanding of QA requirements as it relates to AS9100 requirements for purchased and manufactured product
· Experience in both new product introduction and sustaining product lifecycles
· Familiar with EIA-649B, ISO-10007, and DOD-5000
· Ability to conduct meetings and briefings with internal and external contacts
· Knowledge and/or experience in Software Configuration Management or Software Quality Assurance a plus
· Experience with ARAS Innovator a plus
· ASQ Six Sigma/CQE/CQA certification a plus