ASQ recently launched its newest certification designed for supplier quality professionals who work with an organization’s supply chain and suppliers to continuously improve performance of key system components. The Certified Supplier Quality Professional (CSQP) exam, developed by member leaders and sponsored by the Customer-Supplier Division, will be first administered during the September/October computer-based testing exam window. Among other topics, the certification exam tests knowledge on supplier strategy; business governance, ethics, and compliance; relationship management; and supplier performance monitoring and improvement. We are now accepting applications for the first available exam window in September/October for the CSQP exam. The deadline is August 15. Go to ASQ.org to apply.
Beth Rice, ASQ Portland Section Chair, on behalf of the Leadership Team, received the Regional Director Gold Award for 2015, which was presented by Regional Director Ed Landauer at our January 2016 dinner meeting.
This award is given for excellence in providing member value and quality opportunities, as well as implementing innovations and meeting the Section’s Business Plan and ASQ’s requirements for Section reporting.
Congratulations to the Portland Section Leadership Committee for achieving this award for the third year in a row!
The mission of ASQ Portland Section 0607 is to serve the quality needs of our members, whether you live and work in Oregon, in neighboring Washington, or around the world. We encourage and welcome your suggestions regarding ways we can serve you better, to help to enrich your life and your career. You may email us at email@example.com.
Monthly meetings, plant tours, and workshops can give you recertification (RU) credits.
ASQPDX Upcoming Events
|Tues, Nov 12, 2017|
5:30 PM – 7:30 PM PST
|Effective Audit Preparation||Guy Robinson||Century Hotel, Tualatin
8185 SW Tualatin Sherwood Rd
Tualatin, OR 97062
|Thu, November 2, 2017|
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM PDT
|AS 9100:2016 or AS 9100D Training||L.L. "Buddy" Cressionnie||Tektronix
Bldg 38 Conf Center, Altanta / Calgary Rm
3025 SW Zworykin Ave.
Beaverton, OR 97005
- Event Time: 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Training Fee : $300
- Registration Deadline: 11th Oct 2017
- ASQ RU: Training certificate with 0.8 RU
- Training Material: Training binder will be provided
- Meals: Includes Lunch (Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any dietery restrictions)
- Cancellation Policy: Email for refunds before 18th Oct. No refunds after 18th Oct 2017.
AS 9100: 2016 or AS 9100D is a Quality Management Systems for Aviation, Space, and Defense Organizations. By September 2018, the AS 9100C ends its validity.
Buddy delivers the webinars for IAQG (International Aerospace Quality Group) on Key Changes Presentation and Clause-by-Clause Presentation on AS 9100.2016. He conducted a training in one of the AS 9100 certified multinational companies in Portland regarding the AS 9100:2016 Transitioning to New Requirements and got excellent feedback from the trainees.
- Recognize the impact to new Quality Management Principles on the revision to the standards
- De-mystify the new 10-clause Common Management System structure and understand the impact on your organization
- Grasp the new language such as organization and its context, interested parties, documented information, and risk-based thinking.
- Realize the Aviation, Space & Defense proposed additions to understand benefits including product safety, counterfeit parts, and human factors.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100:2016 requirements and intent.
- Define the timeline for AS9100:2016 transition period.
- Development: As Americas Aerospace Quality System Committee (AAQSC) Chair, Buddy had oversight of over 30 ASD standards and leadership in thedevelopment and maintenance of IAQG 9100 standards. He represented IAQG on ISO TC176 ISO 9001:2015 development and interpretations and ISO 9004 writing.
- Training: Conducted workshops on behalf of training providers, conference workshops, and internal training.
- Implementation: Implemented ISO 9001 and IAQG 9100 at 10-site and 24,000 employee major ASD OEM
- Auditing: Experience in conducting first, second, and third party audits to ensure compliance with requirements and QMS effectiveness. 18+ years of 3rd party audit certification and contract auditor for certification bodies.
- Feedback: Responsible for all IAQG 9100 clarifications worldwide and participated on ISO TC176 clarification process.
Quality leader responsible for leading the implementation and certification of major Aviation, Space & Defense OEM covering 10 locations and 24,000 employees.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, consolidation and integration of Quality & Mission Success (Q&MS) processes and procedures.
- Responsible for leading the Process and Product Quality Assurance process area to implement the Capability Maturity Model® Integration (CMMI®).
- Quality Program Manager responsible for quality planning and execution for major cargo airframe including customer interface for any quality issues.
ASQ Portland Section held elections for 2018 officer positions at the June meeting.
The Section elected these officers for the coming year:
Section Chair – Terri Tufts Secretary – Jean Fryer
Chair-elect – Duane Purcell Treasurer – Susan Chow
For ASQ members who have only the basic E-Section membership, you can join our local Portland Section 0607 for $20, payable online at http://www.asq.org/ under Membership / upgrade. You will receive our ASQPD’X-tra’ newsletter by email, which gives you information about workshops, seminars, webinars and classes for professional development and Recertification Units, as well as the monthly Section meetings.
Our ASQ Portland Section 0607 now has a LinkedIn Group site and is inviting all our ASQ Portland section members to join. The more members we have participating, the richer the content and the more powerful the discussions on quality topics for everyone. Please take a moment to log into your LinkedIn account and request to join our ASQ Portland Group site. Here are the easy to follow steps: