ASQ Regional Director Ed Landauer presents ASQPDX Chair Jean Fryer and Past Chair Linda Landauer with the Regional Director’s Gold Award for 2013.
This position is based in Hood River, Oregon in the beautiful Pacific Northwest
The Configuration Management (CM) Analyst 3 is responsible for the planning, identifying, controlling, and tracking of a product’s configuration from its inception throughout the product lifecycle. He/she will also act as the communications bridge between Design Engineering and all other aspects of the business. He/she will assure that what crosses the bridge is properly documented, controlled as necessary, and available as and when needed. The CM Analyst 3 will be assigned responsibility for projects/products of any complexity.
•Responsible for all CM functions for a project, product, set of products, or a customer, as assigned depending on size and complexity.
•Control all design changes, assure proper conformance to standards, know the actual affectivity of every change, and produce such status accounting (traceability) reports as required.
•Assist in the development, improvement and implementation of CM standards and processes.
•Solid understanding of CM best practices and principles
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
· Highly organized, detailed oriented, and ability to implement strict adherence to change control processes
· Ability to work in a complex, fast paced environment and work an item to closure
· Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and change effectivity planning
· Work closely with manufacturing engineering, procurement, and engineering specialists to create, review, and publish master data lists for the supply chain.
· Exposure to part attributes, phantom parts, and various manufacturing bill of material structuring philosophies
· Strong understanding of QA requirements as it relates to AS9100 requirements for purchased and manufactured product
· Experience in both new product introduction and sustaining product lifecycles
· Familiar with EIA-649B, ISO-10007, and DOD-5000
· Ability to conduct meetings and briefings with internal and external contacts
· Knowledge and/or experience in Software Configuration Management or Software Quality Assurance a plus
· Experience with ARAS Innovator a plus
· ASQ Six Sigma/CQE/CQA certification a plus
For ASQ members who have only the basic E-Section membership, you can join our local Portland Section 0607 for $20, payable online at http://www.asq.org/ under Membership / upgrade. You will receive our ASQPD’X-tra’ newsletter by email, which gives you information about workshops, seminars, webinars and classes for professional development and Recertification Units, as well as the monthly Section meetings.
Our ASQ Portland Section 0607 now has a LinkedIn Group site and is inviting all our ASQ Portland section members to join. The more members we have participating, the richer the content and the more powerful the discussions on quality topics for everyone. Please take a moment to log into your LinkedIn account and request to join our ASQ Portland Group site. Here are the easy to follow steps:
From your LinkedIn Home page in the upper right hand corner you will see a search box labeled ‘People’. Click on the pulldown next to ‘People’ & select ‘Group’. In the Group text box type in ‘ASQ Portland Section 0607’. You will be prompted to request to join. Simply request to join & Curtis Firstman will quickly grant you access to the ASQ group site. It’s that easy! We’re looking forward to having fun sharing our ideas, concepts, thoughts and discussions.