ASQ Social Responsibility Policy
Portland ASQ section strives to support social responsibility through education, environmental consciousness, and empowerment for the people working in Oregon and Washington businesses.
Education: providing multi-disciplined trainings, workshops, and company tours in effort to share information and knowledge.
Environment: Use locally owned businesses and venues accessible by mass transit and WiFi supported to enable online broadcasting.
Empowerment: Create opportunity for businesses and potential employees to meet either in person, via LinkedIn, and website posting. Portland ASQ continually reaches out to members to volunteer and to help others.
ISO 26000: Guidance on Social Responsibility
Social Responsibility: Doing the Right Thing
ASQ believes that being socially responsible means that people and organizations behave ethically and with sensitivity toward social, cultural, economic, and environmental issues. To that end, ASQ provides numerous resources on social
- TheSRO.org website was created to help the world understand how social responsibility and quality can achieve sustainable results.
- Quality for Life seeks to share the stories of ASQ members that use their skills to make a difference in the world.
- Pathways to Social Responsibility is a publication that highlights the creativity of organizations that have successfully integrated SR into their missions.
- The Spencer Hutchins Medal recognizes individuals who demonstrate outstanding leadership as an advocate for social responsibility.
Walk the Walk Toward Results
Health and wellness is an important component to the ISO 26000: Social Responsibility Guidance Standard.
- Environment: Every individual can do their part to lower their carbon footprint, and walking is one of the easiest ways to do so. In return, you are helping to eliminate greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions that can be harmful to the air and climate.
- Community Involvement and Development: Increasing daily exercise benefits your overall health and wellness, which in turn contributes to the public health of your community.